Giveaway – Faithful To Nature
Nothing like a little giveaway to lift the spirits during these miserable winter months. Win this insane Faithful To Nature hamper to the value of R995, which includes Sarah Graham’s new cookbook, Wholesome (amazeballs) and ingredients to make one of our favourite recipes from her book – Nectarine and Blueberry Crumble!
What we love about this recipe is its versatility – top this fruity crumble with a dollop of full cream yoghurt for a tasty breakfast pud or simply add a scoop of vanilla Skinny Scoop ice cream and you have yourself one mean after dinner dessert!
To WIN, simply comment below and tell us what your favourite crumble topping is.
Recipe: Nectarine and Blueberry Breakfast Crumble
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15- 20 minutes
1 cup of blueberries
1 heaped tsp lemon zest and a little juice
1 heaped tsp orange zest and a little juice
½ tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 prig of rosemary (optional)
125g of cold butter (cut into cubes) or ½ cup cold coconut oil
½ cup almond flour
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup whole rolled oats
½ cup of chopped pistachios or pecan nuts
1 tbsp coconut sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Fruit filling: Remove the stones from nectarines and cut into slices. Place into a shallow dish along with the blueberries. Gently fold in all other ingredients.
Crumble: Add all ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix gently until a crumble like texture is formed. Add this on top of the filling mixture and pop in the oven for 20min or until golden brown and the fruit starts to caramelize.
Serve piping hot with Skinny Scoop ice cream or coconut yoghurt.
Your prize includes:
- Wholesome – Sarah Graham’s new cookbook
- List of ingredients from Faithful To Nature
- Vanilla Man Vanilla Extract
- Simply Bee Raw Honey
- Crede Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Nature’s Choice Gluten-Free Almond Flour
- By Nature Organic Rolled Oats
- By Nature Roasted Salted Pistachios in Shell
- Coconut Connection Organic Coconut Sugar
- Kalyan Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Good Life – Organic Ginger Powder
- Desiccated coconut
Photography & Video: Erin Vass
- The competition closes on 31 July 2017 at 12:00
- The prize will be awarded through a random selection by WITC
- This prize is not transferable for cash, negotiable or exchangeable
- The prize will be delivered to you by Faithful To Nature, unless arranged otherwise by WITC and the prize winner
- WITC is only the promoter of this competition and will not be held liable for any damages or claims concerning the prize
- Winners have 48 hours to respond to claim their prize