Skin Serious | Skin Renewal
We are unfortunately at an age where a quick wet wipe and a dot of cheap moisturiser just won’t cut it anymore. So we teamed up with Skin Renewal, to try a few treatments that are a little more hardcore than just the usual pretty facial. Skin Renewal offers a full range of doctor administered medical anti-ageing treatments including Injectables, Dermal Fillers and Threadlifts, as well as some serious Sci-Fi stuff like Lasers, Radio Frequency, Light, Carboxytherapy, Mesotherapy, Microdermabrasion, Laser Hair Removal, Facial Rejuvenation and Skin Resurfacing. These guys do it all and are invested in making you feel and look gorgeous inside and out.
“Skin Renewal Aesthetic clinics are managed by doctors who are experienced in cosmetic dermatology & aesthetic medicine and anti-ageing treatments and are supported by qualified and experienced nurses and therapists.”
Why we love Skin Renewal and their offerings:
We’ve only had great experiences at Skin Renewal – from highly qualified therapists who have in-depth knowledge of everything skin related to gorgeous facilities that create a calming space making this the perfect pozzy to just relax and zone out while your treatments do their magic.
As a client they encourage you to see the onsite doctors, who are experienced in cosmetic dermatology and aesthetic medicine. They give you a more in-depth plan of which treatments would be the most beneficial according to your concerns and budget of course. All treatments are tailored to your specific skin type and recommended products contain ingredients particularly for your skin concerns.
The following skincare treatments were recommended for Nicole:
Being a model in Cape Town means spending a lot of time in the sun. So when it comes to skincare, I’m all about prevention is better than cure. I’ve never really suffered with any serious skin issues, besides my sensitivity to certain products and the usual teenage spots, (which I’d zap with toothpaste), so my skincare regime was fairly simple. I’ve always been really conscious about sun damage, so you’ll find me piling on the sunscreen even if there’s not a ray of light in sight and it’s pouring with rain. I pretty much spend the entire summer shooting on the beach, so on days that I’m not working you’ll find me hibernating in the shadiest spot I can find. Now that I’m in my dirty thirties I’ve had to seriously up my skincare game and give my lax approach the boot. Since I discovered Skin Renewal 5 years ago, I’ve traded in my toothpaste and cheap moisturiser for Peels, Laser Genesis, Limelight and most recently, Dermapen. I’ve listed and explained two treatments below that Skin Renewal recommended for my anti-ageing skin concerns:
- Peels: I’ve been going for peels for a few years now to strengthen the dermis of my skin. The chemical product is applied to the skin and acts as an exfoliate that removes dead skin cells. In turn this allows for cell regeneration. As my skin is super sensitive, my therapist, Lizaane was always very careful about how long the product was on for and made sure that as soon as my skin went a little pink the deactivator was applied and washed off straight away. Even though your skin is left a little flush, the redness will subside in a few hours, but make sure you don’t go into the sun for a few days as your skin is super sensitive.Find out all you need to know about peels: https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/summary-of-peels
- Dermapen: This was my first Dermpen Skin Needling experience and for someone who hates needles, I managed to get through it without much discomfort. What is Dermapen you may ask? It’s a pen with superfine needles on the end of it which pins tiny holes into your skin as it rolls over your face and neck. They can penetrate the skin up to 2 millimeters. This procedure is said to stimulate collagen and helps reduce scaring and fine lines resulting in firmer younger looking skin – every women’s dream! Numbing cream is applied so you hardly feel a thing. The end result is a little scary, so be warned, you will be red. This lasts a few days so maybe do it over a weekend so you can lay low for a while.If you need to know the deets check out this link that will answer all your needling questions: https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/dermapen-skin-needling
The following treatments were recommended for Marisa:
I have been very lucky in that I have never really struggled with skin issues which suited my laid back nature of not faffing with lengthy cleansing regimes, but as I hit 30, that all changed. I thought I dodged the zit bullet in my teens and early twenties when roaccutane and contraceptives were all the rage in clearing up breakouts…nope, as it turns out adult acne is very common – as if developing wrinkles and sun pigmentation in your elder years isn’t enough. So the below two treatments were recommended to me to combat the reoccurring hormonal little breakouts that appear monthly:
- Peels: this was my first experience getting a peel so naturally I had loads of questions and expected the worst. Skin Renewal are incredibly good with explaining the step by step process throughout each treatment as well as informing you on what reaction your skin might have post treatment. Side effects include pigmentation, redness, swelling, sensitivity, visible flaking and peeling. Although these sound quite drastic, I didn’t experience any of these symptoms after my first two peels however I did have a tiny bit of sensitivity around my nose area where I used to be prone to eczema and had some stubborn spots reappear on my chin area.
- Laser Genisis: Being used to the straight forward facials, I was very intrigued to know what this procedure was like as they say that it is scientifically proven to produce new collagen through a non-invasive laser technology which improves premature signs of ageing and sun damage, such as excessive redness, large pores, uneven texture, sallow complexion, acne scars and wrinkles with no pain or downtime. Might be hard to believe but I already saw results after two sessions of the Peel and Laser Genisis treatments – my scaring is visibly lighter and hormonal breakout areas are visibly less.
If you want answers to the following questions below, follow the links for all you need to know on Peels, Needling and Laser Genesis:
- What do chemical peels address? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/summary-of-peels
- How many treatments would you need for OPTIMAL results? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/summary-of-peels
- What is Laser Genesis? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/laser-genesis-rejuvenation
- How does Laser Genesis work? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/laser-genesis-rejuvenation
- How does Dermapen™ Skin needling work? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/dermapen-skin-needling
- When should one start Dermapen™ Skin Needling for anti-ageing? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/dermapen-skin-needling
- What are the advantages and cost of Dermapen™ Facials? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/dermapen-skin-needling
- Is adult acne a feal thing? https://www.skinrenewal.co.za/acne
Photography credit: Jenni Elizabeth