Raw Coconut Bounty Bars
These are our absolute favourite – I mean who doesn’t like a Bounty? This simple homemade recipe is brought to you by our very own raw recipe goddess and WITC contributor, Keri Lupini! Consisting of a dreamy coconut filling and covered in creamy chocolate drizzle, these guys will not disappoint! After a long week at work you will find the WITC team chilling on the couch, chowing these Bounty bad boys while catching up on the latest series. Enjoy!
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 1 can coconut milk (the thick creamy part, therefore I used half coconut cream and half coconut milk, but totally depends on you)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 250g vegan chocolate (I used Lindt 85% dark chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor blend the desiccated coconut for a few seconds then add the maple syrup or agave and coconut milk/cream and blend until sticky.
- Shape bounty bars with your hands and place them on a plate in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and add the coconut oil once melted for a glossy finish.
- Let the melted chocolate cool for 5 minutes then take the bounty bars out of the freezer. Put each bar into the chocolate, turn it around with two forks and make sure it is evenly covered with chocolate.
- Put back on the plate and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- If you have any left over chocolate, drizzle over the bars for that extra pizazz.
- Take out the freezer 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Will store for at least 2 weeks in the freezer.