Crunchy Nut Chocolate Seed Slabs
This nutty crunchy slab of chocolatey goodness caused quite a stir on our IG page last week! So we put this healthy recipe together inspired by Wellness Warehouse and our love for all things sweet. This seed slab is filled with superfood goodness, rich in antioxidants and will give you the energy boost you need throughout the day. Crush it over your breakfast bowl, add it to your kiddies lunch box or just eat it as is (with a dollop of Skinny Scoop of course)!
1/2 cup maple syrup/honey
2 Tbsp coconut oil (unmelted)
3 Tbsp maca/Wazoogles superfood protein powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup mixed seeds (hemp, chia, sesame, buckwheat)
300g dark chocolate
Skinny Scoop Ice Cream (Vanilla or Peanut Butter)
Garnishes (optional): cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven 170 degrees C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. First line the pan and sheet with coconut oil to prevent sticking … don’t miss this step, trust us on this one!
- Melt coconut oil and maple syrup/honey until smooth. Add a pinch of salt and cinnamon and stir until combined
- Remove from heat and add quinoa, maca/Wazoogles, almonds and seeds. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the quinoa mixture into a thin layer on the baking paper
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking regularly. Lower the temperature if the sides start burning. The quinoa should look golden brown
- Remove from the oven
- Once cooled, start preparing the chocolate. Place a bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate. Keep stirring until smooth
- Remove from the heat and spread evenly over the quinoa slab
- Leave to stand until chocolate is set – usually about 2-3 hours
- Once set, use a sharp knife and cut into pieces
- Eat immediately, topped with Skinny Scoop ice cream, a sprinkle of cacao nibs and salt! Enjoy!