Mama Mio – Skincare during pregnancy
Mama Mio began as one of the very first brands dedicated entirely to pregnancy skincare. The founders, four moms themselves, struggled to find high quality, efficient skincare during their pregnancies and so Mama Mio was born. It all began with their Tummy Rub Butter, which quickly became a globally renowned cult-pregnancy product. Loved by mamas around the world their award-winning stretch mark prevention butter became a pregnancy saviour for countless women.
Being pregnant has got to be one of the coolest, craziest and most challenging (both physically and mentally) experiences you’ll ever go through. I really have enjoyed my pregnancy even with being horrifically nauseous in my first trimester and suffering from SPD in my third, which hasn’t been fun. I’ve found everyone to be incredibly supportive and friendly, even stranger’s come up to you to shower you with compliments and of course give you their advice.
Getting your head around all these new changes that are happening to your body can be quite overwhelming. Having this big belly that you now have to maneuver around can have it’s challenges; not being able to tie your laces, tripping over everything cos you can’t see your feet and just finding comfortable fitting clothes in general. Not to mention the physical changes, like stretch marks, itchy skin and swollen boobs. You’re really not feeling sexy at this point, so a little TLC and self-love is what will get you through the last few months.
I was introduced to the Mio brand a few years ago, but when I fell pregnant I discovered their range for expecting moms and just had to try it. The Tummy Rub Butter is just incredible, the smell and thick rich creamy texture – I would rub it all over my belly and bum at night just before bed. They even have a fragrance-free option for those with super sensitive skin. The Tummy Rub Oil is apparently incredible too. I have yet to try it, but especially in your last trimester you want to make sure you’re using the best of the best to ensure elasticity of the skin and that it will bounce back after birth. Their no nasties promise, guarantees that you have the best high quality natural ingredients crammed into every bottle or tub, check out some of the ingredients found in the Tummy Rub Butter:
- Shea Butter – Helps lock in moisture and surrounds skin in a protective layer
- Organic Avocado Oil – With excellent moisturizing and nourishing properties
- Organic Sacha Inchi Oil – From the Amazon rainforest, packed with antioxidants and Omega 3
- Organic Rosehip Oil – With nourishing Omegas 3, 6 and 9
- Vitamin E – An essential antioxidant to protect skin as it stretches
I got to try out the 3rdTrimester Butter Bundle, which includes the following products:
WIN with Mama Mio – The Giveaway:
Want a chance to WIN some of these incredible products? Mama Mio is giving two lucky WITC mama’s-to-be a chance to win a product of their choice. All you need to do is:
- Follow us on Instagram: @wellness_city
- Comment below and tell us which product you’d love to win and why you and your preggie pal deserve to be pampered.
See all products online here: https://shop.poisebrands.co.za/collections/all/pregnancy
- The competition is solely open to readers living in South Africa (unfortunately no deliveries can be made to PO box addresses)
- The prize will be awarded through a random selection
- This prize is not transferable for cash, negotiable or exchangeable
- WITC is only the promoter of this competition and will not be held liable for any damages or claims concerning the prize
- Winners have 48 hours to respond to claim their prize
- The prize is limited to one of the Trimester Butter Bundle products
- Competition closes 28 November 2018
Photo credit: Jenni Elizabeth