Juicing vs Blending
We teamed up with @home to concoct some killer summer inspired smoothie and juice recipes that will have you salivating for the summer season! Find out more on the benefits of juicing and blending and learn how to make these summer recipes at home.
The Mint Melon Refresher:
2 cups chilled coconut water
4 cups of watermelon
1 cup of strawberries
1 kiwi (optional)
Top with a sprig of mint, add ice and a splash of sparkling water (optional for fiz).
Key juicing benefits:
- Removes insoluble fibre allowing for increased absorption
- Easy way to consume your daily intake of fruit and veg
- A quick dose of micronutrients
- Faster and more efficient way to absorb natural nutrients
- Optimize fibres and their digestive enzymes
- Loaded with abundance of minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients
- Helps with cravings and adopting healthier eating patterns for the day ahead
Make this recipe with the Breville Juice & Blend. Get it at 20% off, valid until today, 27 September 2017, by using the voucher code: wellness20. Follow the link here.
The Choc Cashew Cup
1 Tbs. cacao
4 pitted dates
1 cup coconut milk
2 bananas (frozen)
1 tbs. almond butter
1/3 cup Cashews
Pinch of cinnamon
Blend until smooth and pop into a bowl. Top with a handful of cacao nibs, banana, coconut shavings, almonds flakes and granola.
Key benefits of blending your ingredients together into a smoothie.
- Retains all the fibre from your vegetables and fruit
- Process breaks down fibres resulting in slow, even release of nutrients
- Quick and easy to blend ingredients and generally easier to clean than juicers
- More filling and can be a convenient substitute for breakfast or a quick snack on the go
- Perfect technique to blend a healthy juice or even creamy dessert
Make this recipe with the Breville Boss to Go. Get it at 20% off, valid until today, 27 September 2017, by using the voucher code: wellness20. Follow the link here.