Banana Bread Granola Bars
Hello you heavenly Banana Bread Granola Bars – the perfect breakfast nibble and sweet snack to curb those sugar cravings. Thank you Keri Lupini for another dope-ass recipe, inspired by Nutriholist, that’s got us drooling once more! If you like what you see, then check out this insane Raw Mini Cheesecake recipe here.
Granola Bar ingredients:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 pitted dates
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or vanilla extract)
Chocolate layer Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
Granola bar method:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 9×5 pan with parchment paper or pan of your choice if you prefer smaller bars, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
- Blend walnuts in the food processor until it forms a doughy crumble.
- Add dates and bananas and process some more to get a smooth mixture. Fold in the rest of the ingredients and blitz a few times until everything is fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and press down into an even layer.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat if it’s not melted already.
- Whisk in the cacao powder until completely dissolved. Add the maple syrup and sea salt and stir to combine. You should get a thick chocolate (If it’s not thick enough add another spoonful of cacao powder).
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the cooled, baked granola and transfer to the fridge or freezer and let it set. Add toasted desiccated coconut before putting in fridge if you like.
- Remove after an hour, cut into bars and enjoy.
- Store in the fridge.